Skip to Main Content
Chromebook Policy 3/30/2020
- Chromebooks may be checked out for thirty days by students only. They may be renewed for additional thirty day periods if the Library is contacted in writing at email@example.com. Renewal is subject to demand and availability.
- Note that for Spring 2020, Chromebooks are all due the last day of the semester Items are due, which is currently May 4, 2020, which is less than 60 days. Students needing additional time may contact a librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students may only check out one Chromebook/Laptop and one wireless hotspot at a time.
- Students are responsible for picking up and returning the Chromebook and all accessories provided (case or bag and two-piece power cord). To schedule a Chromebook pickup or return, contact email@example.com.
- Right now laptops can only be picked up and returned to the Levelland Campus Library.
- Chromebooks are for student use only, and students are responsible for their use and safety.
- Students with an overdue Chromebook will be contacted by both email and phone and given three business days to return or schedule a return of an item.
- After this 3-day grace period, the fee for the replacement and processing of the Chromebook, power cord and case ($350) will be charged to the student’s account and a hold will be placed on their SPC record.
- Holds will only be removed when the item(s) have been returned in the condition they were loaned or when the fee has been paid through the SPC Business office.
- There is a replacement charge for damage to or the loss of any Chromebook, parts, or accessories. Please note that after three days, the Library will declare the laptop as missing and you will be billed the replacement cost of the laptop.
- Continued abuse of this Policy will result in the revoking of Chromebook borrowing privileges.